Thread: Regal angel
View Single Post
Unread 05/19/2017, 03:58 PM   #4
ThRoewer
Registered Member

If the white blotches are stationary, look like little cauliflowers and are composed of little spheres then it's Lymphocystis. It's a virus infection due to a compromised immune system. Generally it goes away on its own if the fish is fed well, not overly stressed and in water of decent quality.

If the white blotches are flat, smooth and possibly also change location then you are dealing with Capsalidae (skin flukes). Hyposalinity and/or PraziPro should kill these.

For Cryptocaryon the spot seems to be too large.

That Regal looks pretty skinny to me. So you may want to get it eating well before starting blind treatments. I would lower the salinity to 1.020 or even to 1.016 as a measure of stress reduction and to help the fish preserve energy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is offline   Reply With Quote