Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 12/04/2018, 07:26 AM   #442
Chasmodes
Registered Member

I love this plan. The blennies will provide plenty of benthic entertainment, while the royal gramma harem will provide grace and beauty to the upper and mid water column. This tank will be a fun one to watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
Keeping groups of fish gives you much more natural behaviors. Each species performs it's own soap opera. Keeping multiple groups gives you multiple channels to watch. My challenge will be to add two more groups - of damsels. I don't know how many of each can coexist together in this tank. Right now I'm leaning towards five of each. You need enough, to spread around aggression. But few enough that they can have some space in a given tank size.
This is the entire principle of my tank with regard to fish. I have three benthic species though, and the only aggression, for the most part, is within each species, and that is minimal. The key is to provide enough hiding places and escape routes for them until they can establish their own territories. I'll save the details for a future post in my thread.

--Kevin Wilson

Current Tank Info: 101g 3'X3'X18" Cubish Oyster Reef Blenny tank, 36"X17"X18" sump
Chasmodes is offline   Reply With Quote