View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2012, 10:16 PM   #63
pascal32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwrasseman View Post
i had to fast forward in this tread and take this for what its worth i had $10,000 to $12,000 worth of acan colonies and frags killed by this same type of infestation . it the time it has taken everyone to discuss what might be i know they are just melting every day just like that little aussie bug did to mine . i was told by a doctor in rochester that took a few of my survivors and treated them that it was a little white bug from australia and he nuked them with interceptor . six months late he gave me back 25 healthy acans that were in mint comdition and i had two five gallon buckets FULL of dead skelitons . now fast forward six months as i didnt completly learn my lesson the first time as i bought some more infestes acans and didnt dip them thus another outbreak ! two interceptor treatments later it stopped dead in its tracks and my corals were saved . i dont know everythin about these critters but the will march across your tank like an army and kill your lps with no remorse but yes interceptor kills it or at least killed what i had . there are to many unidentified things out in that vast ocean and sometimes you have to shoot from the hip . dose it now and you may end up with a few left alive or debate it and lose em all .if you treat outside of the tank you will not get them out of your tank and you will pay dearly for that crucial mistake . your pods will come back and i never lost a crab,snail or and livestock that the naked eye could see when i used it and i double dosed my tank just to be sure . my tanks are full of lps and delicate wrasses and they all made it through the nuke bomb .
just my 2 pennies that i have left from $12,000 worth of acans /
second that! I've had several cases of unknown recession and interceptor took it out. only happened after introducing new frags to the system. in my case they were not visible, at least not that I was able to find.