View Single Post
Unread 12/14/2017, 02:59 PM   #31
Moeshi
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachfishman View Post
Anybody use any form of insecticide in the house lately? Dusting for ants/ticks/bed buds? Spot spraying for roaches/ants in the kitchen? The sudden impact to inverts only makes me suspect this.
Not that I know of, but it wouldn't surprise me if my room mate have.

A general update on things.
I never figured out what caused it. Polyfilter, Cuprisorb, carbon, gfo, etc, etc didn't manage to salvage the situation. I have replaced heaters, bought new frozen foods, and done a 100% water change. I have also replaced the contents of all three dosing pumps and bought a new RO/DI unit. I fear I may never know what happened. I did the water change literally hours before I heard the suggestion about doing a proper Triton test of the water.

Fish are still happy and a surviving (!) snail appeared on the glass the evening after the water change, eating algae off the glass. I introduced a hermit crab, an emerald crab, a turbo snail, a feather duster worm, and an acro frag, to monitor if the water was better. A week later I am pleased to report that all 5 inverts are very happy and feeding. I have green algae starting to appear on everything, but my I will just have to wait it out while the rank re-cycles.

I will keep this thread updated as things progress over the holidays. Thank you all so much for your help, advice and general condolences. I will take the opportunity to try out new things.

Happy holidays to you all.

Last edited by Moeshi; 12/14/2017 at 03:26 PM.
Moeshi is offline   Reply With Quote