View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2019, 11:10 AM   #6
Kengar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisterlimonpot View Post
Hehe, I did the same thing, I ordered 2 breakout boxes and quickly realized that they aren't daisy chained with aquabus cables like the modules. I had to purchase a PM2 so that I can get the 6 more switches.

It was sort of a blessing just because now I can add a salinity probe to my salt water container.

What kills me is that I bought an EL unit on sale during holiday period, thinking it would be sufficient to buy the PM1 with it to monitor salinity (to make sure things are running fairly evenly with automatic water change, and to scream (in addition to float switch) if ATO for some reason dumps too much fresh water into the system). Then I decided to get a controllable DC pump for my closed loop and, not realizing I could get a separate module for DC control (VDM module), returned the EL (and PM1) and bought the full system just now (NOT on sale....). Granted, I will be getting the WXM to control Vortechs, but they do not appear from online info to include the I/O port (why not?????). So if I decide to install just one more switch, I'll need some other module that I don't really see myself needing at the moment. There are 2 pH ports on the full system, so even if I went with a Ca reactor (probably won't; used them before and was constantly getting vapor lock with excess CO2; will likely go with DOS/DDR), I don't need another module..... and I'll likely spend more in the long run having switched to the full system, even if I had bought the full system when it was on sale....... ain't this a great hobby?!