View Single Post
Unread 07/11/2018, 11:18 AM   #2502
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl2007 View Post
Wow... yet another great build from The MAN!! I was thrilled when I logged into the forum and saw you had another build thread. 2 days later and I'm pretty much caught up but only thanks to "skim reading" LOL.

I have a few questions for you when you have time.
Allen
Hey Al, how's it going?

A) How does light spillage into the room affect comfort when in the room and doing other things which do not include admiring the tank? Does the light cause any problems when watching TV etc?

No issues. Maybe if the screen is really dark and you are at the right angle you'll see a little reflection but it hasn't been anything that has bothered me. I had to think about this for a minute. What is annoying is any time I try to take a non-reef photo (like of my kids or something) in that part of the house. All photos have a blue cast. LOL

B) When you have time (or if you have a recent shot and I just missed it) could you snap a long range shot of your system like from across the room showing the light spill on the walls etc?
I don't really notice direct light spill. It's just like I was saying above... the blue light just kinda mixes with the white led lighting in my ceiling cans. Bouncing off the walls and stuff. See photo below. That's the farthest one I have.

C) Are the lights controlled by the Profilux or just being controlled by their own built-in controller?
They are plugged into the powerbar, but not being controlled by it. Sockets set to always on.

D) Do the lights have any type of "Lightning/Storm" effect? I know some don't care for it but it was something that lead me to GHL to begin with several years ago and it's something that is important to me
Yes. Everything is controlled via EcoSmart Live. Storms, clouds, moonphases, etc. But i usually don't do much with all that. I used a Mitras LX7 on my office nano (until i tore it down) and the two lamps are similar in most ways/features. But the Mitras has much stronger programming capabilities. The Radions are more simple in this regard.

Your builds are always so inspiring and I can't wait to go back and read more indepth through it when I have some time.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks, Al.

And this video starts a little bit back... not much more though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moK40QOW2Tw&t=4s

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote