View Single Post
Unread 11/12/2005, 12:00 PM   #4
Anthony Calfo
Registered Member

The GONE FISHING METHOD:

I'm not kidding.... I've hooked my own fishes before... and I'll do it again if it is the best or needed solution.

Three words here: Barbless Trout Hook

Relative to relentlessly chasing a fish unskilled (you, not the fish) with a net until it's exhausted, scraped and otherwise brutalized... you could just tease and jig the until the right fish bites the hook.

I promise you the short catch and release is far less stressful than the run down with a net. Literally less abrasive too (nets are rough on skin/eyes, mucous).

And the hook is so tiny that it barely damages the lip... can be cut away and left if swallowed (extreme, yes... but usually dissolves in time).

This is NOT a first choice strategy... but really does work for many folks (ahhh... not to mention the millions of fish that are caught and released in the wild by sport fisherman!)

I practice what I preach BTW... caught my Australian tuskfish ($200) and yellow-belly hepatus tang, etc this way from a big display (too large to drain).

Current Tank Info: 2K gallon fishroom, garden ponds
Anthony Calfo is offline   Reply With Quote