View Single Post
Unread 08/20/2018, 10:08 AM   #7
Horace
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyvr View Post
Give Fluc a try.. It works great...

And no... There is no "after 1 year algae stops"... Algae can/will occur at any phase/age of a tank if conditions are right..
The conditions for algae can be the exact same conditions that make corals and other marine life happy.. Its all about who takes hold the best..
Yep, understood, I am just referring to the common comment about the expected early cycles when you expect to see this stuff. I realize you def can and will get algae at any phase under the right conditions.

I ordered some Fluc....While I historically am very much against chem treatment of issues like this, I really feel that my husbandry thus far has been solid, and I think once i get this under control, I think I can keep it minimized long term. I think i would have to really starve the tank substantially to get the HA out at this point, and I have never had luck with corals under those conditions.

Part of my plan is to actually get more corals, seeing corals themselves serve as a No3/Po4 sink as well....right now I have just a few zoos (literally). I think adding some softies like leathers and some fast growing Montis (digis and caps) should also help create a nice nutrient sink.

Current Tank Info: New 180g Mixed SPS Build in progress
Horace is offline   Reply With Quote