View Single Post
Unread 10/10/2006, 11:22 AM   #14
8BALL_99
Registered Member

Thanks!, Thats one of the main reasons why I take the time to post pictures. I always learn so much from seeing other peoples setups.. Heck 3 years ago I'd never even thought about an equipment room intill I seen a few others with them..

The 180 is plumbed with an Oceans motions 8way. The pump for it is a Sequence ReefFlow Barracuda.. Rated at 4200gph The Return for the 180 is just a Eheim 1260. Here is a picture of the hole layout. My paint skills aren't so hot lol. This is a drawing I made up for the company making the tank."Miracles In Glass" . I just added color to show what the holes are for. The tank is a standard dimension 180 But with an External overflow. Its got 1/2" Starfire on the front and sides and 5/8" standard tempered glass on the bottem and back. Its got 4" Euro bracing around the top.

Lighting on that tank is 2x250 Watt MH and 1x400 watt MH. With Lum3 Mini reflectors. The 250s are on Icecaps the 400 is a Electronic Coralvue ballast. The frag tank is a standard size 40 Breeder with a single 250 watt MH also with a Lum3 mini reflector. Its got a mag 7 for its return pump right now.. I plan on Either replacing it with a Eheim 1260 or getting one larger pump to to run both the 180 and the 40 gallon. The skimmer for those tanks is a H&S A200 1260 External.

The 92 Gallon has a Single 400 Watt MH on a Electroinc Coralvue ballast. It has an Oceans motions 4way on it. Powered by a Sequence ReefFlow Dart rated for 3600Gph. I don't have a hole layout drawn for it, but you can kind of tell where they are in the picture.. Since this tank was up against the wall I ran the closed loop over the back wall. The two 4" pipes above the tank are just for air circultion. The top one sucks out air out of the canopy into the Equipment room the other Sucks cool air from the Equipment room into the canopy. Works great and with this setup it keeps the moisture in the Equipment room and out of the house!! The 92 Gallon has a Eheim 1260 for a Return pump. Right now its split and is used for both the 92 and its frag tank. The Frag tank is Exactly like the one on the 180s system. The skimmer for this system is a ASM G4.

The 180 system and the 35 Hex both have AquaControllers on them. The 92 system doesn't have one yet. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to get. Once I do I'm going to build an Oak Cabinet to match the stands and mount the Controllers In the viewing room. The Controller on the 35 is already in there but the one for the 180 is just hung in the Equipment room for right now.. The idea is to have both Controllers For both systems in one easy to see spot in the viewing room so at a glance I can check how the systems are doing.

Will

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Why do we drive on the parkway and park in the driveway?

Isn't is it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Current Tank Info: Custom Starfire 300,92Gallon,35 Gallon Hex,Two 40Gallons,125Gallon,
8BALL_99 is offline   Reply With Quote