View Single Post
Unread 05/17/2018, 05:56 AM   #8
hkgar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaexpat2 View Post
Depends on how much money you got tied up in your tank and if you can afford to tear it down and start all over again...

I dont know about you but in the 20 gallon I just started up about 3 months ago, I already have a easy grand tied up in just corals frags (single polyp frags and SPS crumbs, literally) and I have only just begun!!! I am pretty confident this tank is gonna get at least another grand in coral frags over the next 12 months. Thats a lot of money and time invested, why would you not take the easy steps to protect that investment of time and money?

I used to do the dip thing too when I first got into this hobby and for the most part that works pretty well. But after being seriously burned a few times, I dip and then QT for at least 4 weeks! If you walk on water...eventually the ice is gonna break!

Back to the OP...I would at least dip my corals as a bare minimum, but I would seriously suggest you reconsider a 5-10 gallon QT tank in addition to. But to each his own....
What are you quarantining corals for?

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote