View Single Post
Unread 02/15/2018, 04:11 PM   #149
HBtank
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Hydro View Post
Doesn't matter if its 2 ppm or 20 ppm going in - you'll get TDS rising in the effluent through long before the entire cartridge changes color.
Thanks! My system has been like this since day one, but I have never used my hand held to check/verify middle stages. I will do so since I am right at the point I typically swap.

But pointing out the potential issue with my in-line meter (which I suspect I will confirm) only reinforces my concern with using any meter as a way to perform maintenance on a final stage of DI. I work on full scale GW remediation systems, and it has been beaten into me to always measure breakthrough in the second to last stage and have the final stage always be "new" to ensure complete removal on the discharge (and rotating filters to keep efficiency)... so it is hard for me to break that habit.

If I used your "Ammonia and Silica Trap DI Resin Cartridges" in sequence, how do recommend monitoring the final stage for breakthrough that doesn't rely on me having perfect equipment (and still accepting 0-1 ppm will pass) and watching it like a hawk?

Current Tank Info: 80g tank, re-starting a reef after a zoanthid nudibranch plauge, followed by months of steady and unstoppable STN/RTN, crashed; stayed FOWLR for a couple years, currently an aiptasia dominated reef tank with fishies and BERGHIA

Last edited by HBtank; 02/15/2018 at 04:16 PM.
HBtank is offline   Reply With Quote