View Single Post
Unread 08/24/2006, 06:43 AM   #11
Bax
Premium Member

My Tunze 6100 arrived!

So I now have:
the Vortech MP40 running at about half speed attached to the back center;
a Tunze 6000 on the right front corner, pulsing at 100% & 50%;
and, the 6100 in the left rear corner pulsing at about 70% & 40%.

That is easily 40x flow in the display.

After I get things settled equipment wise I'll play with flow and aquascaping a little more.

I re-plumbed the skimmer sump last night. I now have a small pump, a Quiet One 1200 I think? It draws from my first sump chamber after my inflow bubble trap, so it is all drained water, and feeds over to the skimmer sump, that drains by gravity, back to the bubble trap of the return pump section. Although this seems to work, I am not convinced it is enough flow to the skimmer section for this skimmer, but I'll give it a few days to see what happens.

I now have to focus on my auto top off. I've been using a GEO Kalk rector fed RO/DI water by an Aquamedic dosing pump, all controlled by timers and an Ultra Life float switch for the former 75 g. This combination worked flawlessly in the past but for some reason since the move has just not operated correctly. I think it has to do with the fact that due to space, I had to extend the discharge tube on the GEO running down to floor, across the small sump room and up to the sump. Maybe the extra head is too much for the Aquamedic? I'll look at it more closely this afternoon.

I want to get all these bugs worked out so I can finish skinning my stand & canopy ...

Current Tank Info: 150 DT/ 40B fuge/ 75g frag/ 40 g sump/ SRO XP 3000 Ext/ TUNZEs & VorTechs circulation/Dart return/ MTC Pro Cal/ UV & Oz