View Single Post
Unread 05/23/2011, 05:25 PM   #4
kdrof
Registered Member

Thumbs up LEDs and Stand (Now were rollin'!)

Heres a little update. I just ordered my DIY LEDs and hope to get them in a few days and knock those out this weekend. I was originally thinking about buying a MH and T5 fixture but after pricing everything out (electric, heat, bulb replacement, and other costs), i decided to try my own LEDs. I will post how i did my whole layout.

I would like to say thanks to Mike at RapidLED(www.rapidled.com). He was so much help with getting me up to speed on what i will need and helping with many questions i had. I have read many LED threads as well as tons of lighting threads and everybody has a different opinion. So i figured id go for it and try it! i am excited to do it myself. I will post my whole "How i did it" on here as well as the finished layout in a way that people that dont know to much about LEDs and what not can understand. A couple days ago i had no clue

Lastly, my dad and i are currently knocking out my tank stand as well. Should be finished by this weekend. I will get some pictures up of that too.

I am excited with the 500 dollars i saved by doing my LEDs by myself. I can now use that to get an aqua controller and run my lights with that. Do any of you have a neptune or any others and which are the best. Havent researched them to much because i thought it would be awhile...

Thanks all for looking. Tty Soon!

kdrof is offline   Reply With Quote