View Single Post
Unread 03/10/2018, 07:27 AM   #18
kizanne
Registered Member

Well the next batch came this morning. I have 37 of the older babies. I didn't count the new ones as I was just catching as fast as I could and putting them in the nursery. It is loaded with tisbe and I put in some baby brine. Two are tiny still but if they weren't eating they'd be dead by now. Some are very large. I'll post a baby versus 2 week old picture.

The 2 week olds got a complete change of water today due to an accident that put rust flakes in their water. It broke my heart as their old container had tons of pods in there.

My female is very gravid so I expect after he's rested she'll put new ones in.

I'm going to have to figure out how to get rid of these babies as my local fish store will never be able to sell this volume.

I know I'm not out of the woods yet and still need to wean to frozen but right now I only have about 12% mortality.

Oh and my ruby red female is finally settled into the tank and is now looking gravid. I haven't seen any ascending, she may not like my boy. My old mandarins stopped ascending as my girl didn't like my boy. Hopefully these two will be in love.

Now I'm looking for a female dragonface pipefish!!

Current Tank Info: 120 gallon seahorse/flame angel/sharknose/pipefish tank. 30 gallon grow out, misc. other tanks
kizanne is offline   Reply With Quote