View Single Post
Unread 09/08/2018, 05:12 AM   #12
Hodad2
Registered Member

I was really tired the night they were supposed to hatch. I waited, sitting on my couch nearby so that I could get up and watch. I was so tired that I fell asleep and slept till the next morning. The next morning I had a HUGE HATCH! I was so awestruck. It’s an incredible feeling that you can’t describe, only have to experience it for yourself. There were so many little tiny fish darting about. I quickly grabbed my magnifying glass, my phone for video. I knew that this fish hasn’t been bred much in captivity, except for the one hatchery that does. Definitely a great moment for me, as it was my first chance to raise larval fish. Before that, I had just bred peppermint shrimp and Bangaii cardinals.
Here’s the video below that I captured. If you look closely, you might be able to see the copepods and rotifers that I placed into the tank. I just realized that I did not talk about rotifers, which I will do in the next post. It’s a very important step in the whole process and applicable to a a great majority of species bred. Next post.
So take a look. I don’t know if it’s visible in video, but you can see the eyes of the larvae glow, kind of like the way cats’ eyes glow. They are otherwise dark when viewed from above, with a clear tail that is constantly moving. Check it out...
https://youtu.be/aRw6ToYKeyM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hodad2 is offline   Reply With Quote