View Single Post
Unread 11/19/2012, 12:57 PM   #25
jmreynol
Registered Member

Deceased Clown

I have a mystery that I just can't figure out. I have a well established tank and my parameters are spot on. I have an existing percula in the tank and decided I would like to pair it up so I added another clown. The clown acclimated and seemed healthy for a couple of weeks then it became lethargic and began trailing a long string of white feces. A day later the clown was not eating and sluggish but its respiratory rate seem okay. I decided to wait another day before I moved it to the hosp tank. The next day the fish was back to normal, eating and swimming around. About two weeks later the same thing occurred only this time the fish disappeared on the third day. I did notice that the fish had what looked like a nick or sore spot under its gills. This same thing happened again. Only this time the estasblished clown died and the new clown survived. When I bought my rock I trapped out 6 mantis shrimp but I have not noticed any signs of them since. I have noticed a couple of fuzzy small crabs about the size of a nickel that seem to come out at night. My gobie and tang are fine. Is it possble that something is wounding the fish and they are dieing from stress and infection ?

jmreynol is offline   Reply With Quote