View Single Post
Unread 05/23/2011, 04:46 PM   #164
BeanMachine
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday Night View Post
Pink Zippers are doing thier thing.. started off with a single
Mine have grown pretty well also. Maybe 40 polyps now from 3 less than a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromike78 View Post
I'm fairly new to caring for corals and zoanthids and had a couple questions regarding keeping zoos on the plugs...is it better to leave them on the plugs or should take them off of the plugs?

Another question i have for experienced reef keepers are the things i need to be careful with or QT advice when getting LPS corals or zoos. Reason im asking is because i lost all my fish to a bad outbreak of Ich and learned the hard way to QT the fish before putting them in the tanks. So if there is anything i should be doing prior to placing them in my tank the advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

One last question...What type of zoos are these anyone?
It would be best to dip everything you buy in an iodine based dip just to be safe. Zoa eating nudibranchs, among other pests like crabs and such, can hitchhike into your system on the frags.

As far as the plug, I think that is just preference. Some think its more natural to not use them... I just wait for them to grow over and you don't see it. Then you can cut around the plug and trade them if you want really easy.