View Single Post
Unread 02/02/2011, 11:00 AM   #76
rickyfins
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeftanknewbie View Post
I am really interested in getting involved in this as I like the idea of club members sharing vs. selling to each other. I have even done things like barter electrical/carpentry work for frags when able which helps everyone out. I looked at the rules of this PIF program; do I need to be a payed member to participate? What would be some examples of corals that are "desirable" at this point in time? My experience is in mostly softies, ricordia, lps and limited SPS. Was thinking about some nice acans or something. I will try to pick something up soon and post pics for everyone.

Yes, you need to be a paid member of the society. It is one of the benefits of being a member. If we offered this to nonmembers as well, it wouldn't be a benefit to pay to be a member.

As far as desirable.. This is an opinion question, what is desirable to some is undesirable to another. I think that regardless of what is offered and by who at some point when the pool of people in the program gets large enough, everyone will find something they would like to "Pay it Forward"

The society just needs its members to get in on the program and get rolling. There is already a nice list of people starting the program. The more the merrier!

Rick

Absorbing information through OSMOSIS

Yea, I can grow that. Have some water? It's just SCIENCE!!

Offical NCPARS "Nazi Thread Ender"

Current Tank Info: None at the moment.
rickyfins is offline   Reply With Quote