View Single Post
Unread 07/09/2017, 11:52 AM   #11
cougareyes
Registered Member

I have a legally blind pink tail trigger that I stick feed.

He was the boss of the tank for 2 years, then suddenly disappeared behind the rocks. I looked and looked for any signs of disease or injury and could not find any. I thought someone may have got sick of his bullying and put him in his place and he was just pouting. He stayed fat so he was getting food from behind the rocks.

Then about 6 months later he reappeared out in the open, I noticed he was having a hard time getting food. With him food right in front of him he couldn't see, far away he could jet and catch. I tested his eyesight with hand jestures and such and determined he was legally blind, equally in both eyes. The shape of the color part of his eyes looks a little irregular not symmetrical but they are clear.

I now feed him with a feeding stick, no one bothers him and he seems to thriving otherwise. I guess I'm doing right by him....

Current Tank Info: 210g fowlr: yellow belly dogface puffer, harlequin tusk, pinktail and pair of bluejaw triggers, majestic angel, orange shoulder and scopus tangs. one spot fox: 90g lps reef with an antennata , zebra and fuzzy dwarf, fu manchu lions, yellow mimic tang
cougareyes is offline   Reply With Quote