View Single Post
Unread 08/01/2020, 08:05 PM   #69
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottuna View Post
So : ThRoewer: are you saying that if a bleached gig comes and snuggles up to one with zooxanthelle the transfer will occur ? that is what I have going on now in my tank,,1 healthy green and a bleached gig making lots of continous contact with it...will it work ?? anyone ?
I am not ThRoewer but since I started this thread I will try to answer your question.
We know that corals and anemone will internalize Zooxanthellae from the water by internalized. We know that baby clams will feed and get zooxanthellae from the clam farmers blender an adult clams to feed the babies.
Bleached anemones will eventually get zooxanthellae from the healthy anemone eventually. However if you want to give a large amount of zooxanthellae quickly the cut a few tentacles of the healthy anemone and feed it to the bleached one.
Be careful to keep the zooxanthellae in the cut tentacles variable by not get it dry out, temp or salinity shock. If you are able to do this and your anemone s of the same species the transplant will be effective a great majority of the time. I have done this about 10 times and only have 1 failure and thinking back I know h TTh e reason for my failure as documented in this thread.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote