View Single Post
Unread 06/02/2019, 06:49 PM   #34
nbd13
Registered Member

Update time...

Tank has been so, so lately...been battling this algae, not sure what it is. Thought it was Cyano, was taking over my chaeto. The chaeto was growing like a weed, then slowed way down. I dosed some red slime remover just over a week ago with little effect. Maybe it’s dyno’s?

It’s really too bad because besides that everything has been coming along nicely. Finally have this ghost overflow tuned. The only annoying this is whenever you clean anything and the return pump looses gph the overflow needs some tweaking. Which is very annoying.

We lost power for about 2 hours yesterday, everything was fine, but my wife suggested we get that whole house generator now rather than wait! She said she was worried about my tank haha! Knew I found a good one.

Still trying to locate a trident that should be the last piece of equipment I need/want for a while.

The all has been pretty stable at around 8.0-8.4 with dosing the triton method.

The fish list:

- 2 Davinchi Clowns
- Powder blue tang
- Purple Tang
- 2 borbonius anthias
- POMA Captive bred Conspic Angel

I have 4 more fish coming out of QT in about 8-10 days. Stay tuned for that.

Corals:

All sps so far, except a hammer and torch coral. I envision more torches and some zoas to fill in the bottom of the tank and a few select chalices then the rest sps.

So far I’ve gotten 1 battlebox from Battle Corals. Adam was awesome to work with, but just not for me. So...

I’m taking a different path that 90% of people, instead of paying for expensive named pieces for a 1/2” frag I’m going mostly wild colonies. People probably think I’m crazy, but back when I used to do this 12-18 years ago there were few named pieces, frags were usually 1-3”, now these are “mini colonies”?!?! Just can’t get over it...these designer corals are insane. It’s hard to even get an accurate picture or know which vendors don’t alter pictures or take them under blue lighting.

Anyways, rant over. So, I got about 6 wild colonies 6-8 weeks ago and most of them have encrusted to their spots already. Then I just got 6 more a few days ago. Time will tell

A few full tank shots just to document. These are from my iPhone. Some are with no filter and then some are with the orange filter from polyplabs:

Anyways that’s it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbd13 is offline   Reply With Quote