View Single Post
Unread 01/22/2018, 06:47 AM   #123
wrxreefer823
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choss View Post
I laid out my rock on a plastic board that I have taped off to represent the footprint of the tank. I am going for two islands. Based on the rock I have I want to attempt to create a natural looking chasm between two large rocks. I also want to try to make the islands very different - so not symmetrical. In taking stock of the three main pieces I will use, I have one large lower mound that will be great to grow SPS, and a natural tower piece that will allow me to attach corals vertically with SPS near the top. One of the most spectacular reefs that is inspiring this tower vision, is the amazing nano reef by Medred. Here is a picture from that build

Medred reef by choerenz, on Flickr

Here is a first pass at my scape. Looking for feedback!

scape first try by choerenz, on Flickr

Closeup of the tower.

tower closeup by choerenz, on Flickr

I really like that idea for the scape. My LFS that I used to work at has a large rimless cube (somewhere in the 240G range) with a scape very similar, and it works out very well. It’s really neat to see monti’s and acro’s growing up high and the smaller fish using the “valley” as their shelter. Once the rock is in the tank and in sand, I think it’ll look great! One thing I absolutely can’t stand in a reef tank is the pile of rocks look, why spend all that money just to dump a bunch of rocks in?! It should be a work of art, and I think you, sir, will end up with a masterpiece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Currently setting up a Red Sea 625 XXL
wrxreefer823 is offline   Reply With Quote