View Single Post
Unread 07/16/2007, 01:47 PM   #1
erics3000
Registered Member

Our Mini 425 Ocean

Our 425 piece of the Ocean

The system will consist of a 300 display 96x30x25. I will have 2 internal overflows at the ends. The display will have 2 low iron viewing panels. I have an old 75 for the sump and also a 55 for the fuge. I am going to try to squeeze a 30 or 40 QT in there also. I want mixed corals and a lot of fish.

Equipment wise I will use Dart return pump with an OM4. Not sure yet how I will handle the rest of the flow. I will run a Calcium Reactor, Phosban, and bed fluidizer filters. I am going to run some plumbing to a section in the garage for a water change, RO storage, and saltwater mixing. I would really like to make my own calcium reactor, skimmer, and reflectors for the metal halides. I am going to start out with 3 400w metal halides. I will probably wind up with an aqua controller. I would love a proflow but to much$$$

I am going to make a room at the entry of my house. I will use it for an office/fish room. You will be able to view the tank from the office or formal living and dining room.
I live in Florida so humidity and heat are definitely issues. I will add an ac vent in the new room. I will also have to move the return out of the room to the other side of the wall. Don’t want salt creep or the air from there going into my AC unit. I will put a ceiling fan in there and also an exhaust fan above the lighting area. I think I will hook the exhaust to some type of temperature switch. I might add some fans on the sump and lighting areas as well. I am trying to not have to use a chiller and keep down all the cost as much as possible.

Any ideas and thought are appreciated, good and bad.

I started building my walls and had to leave for a month of training in Ca. Here is what I have so far.

Well here is the start of my stand. My dog always wants to be around when working. If I am working on something he will get next to me and chew on his toy or whatever I am working on, or just take a nap.

http://erics3000.googlepages.com/Sta...tand1-full.jpg

erics3000 is offline   Reply With Quote