View Single Post
Unread 10/19/2017, 10:31 PM   #37
D-Nak
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic View Post
Yeah definitely try the gyre. It isn't void of streams, it's just much more distributed. You can definitely use momentum with MP40's or other powerheads to get a gyre going, or even a pulse mode to create back and forth rocking. I used an MP40 to create waves in my 48" tank back in the day, I could get the water to slosh out of the display =P

But the gyre seems to get the momentum going well with more even flow. I'm actually playing with alternating modes right now (though the alternate flow speed is much less since the impellers are running backwards to their design, but it creates a bit of turbulence for awhile instead of a constant gyre).
For anemone tanks, I definitely like Gyres better. I had tanks with MP40s and you can't put nems right in front of them because the flow is too narrow. With the wider flow of the Gyre, you can actually place nems very close to them, and they are fine. I've also gotten nems stuck in MP40s but never in a Gyre (fingers remain crossed).