Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 01/11/2019, 09:30 AM   #588
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
That's right, Dawn. Manatee grass does take a while to recover and grow. It took months to see growth in v1. I'm banking on the dirt-filled sand bed to speed up the process. I'm actually seeing little signs of growth already, but not enough to say all of it is growing, so I'm hopeful.

The 'steamroller grasilaria' feels a little like G. hayi, so it may be calcified. The Ulva is starting to slow down it's growth now, but it appears to be performing a lot like my caulerpa racemosa peltata did in v1, mopping up excess nutrients, and preventing (delaying?) the full algae uglies. It is much easier to export than the slimy, mucky stuff too.

For now, the peppermint shrimp is solo. I got it moths ago, when my holding tank got fully taken over with aiptasias. It eradicated hundreds of them by itself. I'd like to give it a mate, but I want to see how well it behaves in the display first. I think I'll name it Han Solo.
Thank you for answering my questions. I remember reading earlier in this thread that your hopes were that the ulva would help prevent the micro algaes from getting too out of hand. I am happy for you that it seems to be working for the most part.

Hans Solo is a perfect name!

vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote