View Single Post
Unread 06/14/2008, 01:34 PM   #14
Slakker
Premium Member

Everything looks great this morning. I'm about to head out to pick up a new ammonia test (mine is over a year old and the cap on one of the reagents was broken off...soo...probably not gonna work anymore.) and a few additional DIY things. First up is a new cap for my Durso so that I can try out a smaller air intake, I think mine is much too big (7/16" if i remember correctly).

I'm also contemplating changing my rigid PVC drain pipe to SpaFlex so that I can build a bubble trap out of some larger diameter PVC. Because the drain pipe now runs down so close to the stand's support, I actually had to carve out part of the sump's top brace to allow for the PVC to pass by, so it's difficult to add a filter sock or make adjustments to that pipe, so the SpaFlex would make that a lot more manageable. I'll also pick up materials for the bubble trap.

The EV-150 is running like an absolute champ, but it's a bit messy right now. When I got it the collection cup lid had been broken:

And so now the foam entering the cup just pretty much goes where it pleases, including every so often out the top of the lid through the air vents. I'm going to see if I can find some clear PVC or acrylic tubing that will fit that, and then replace it.

While I'm out, I'm also planning on picking up some acrylic and appropriate solvents and testing out the idea of making myself a sump.

Oceanic 58RR display/20H sump/fuge thread...follow the red house.

Current Tank Info: Oceanic 58g, 20H sump, AquaC EV-150, 175w Hamilton 14k + 2x39w T5HO Actinics

Last edited by Slakker; 06/14/2008 at 01:45 PM.
Slakker is offline   Reply With Quote