View Single Post
Unread 10/25/2017, 05:01 PM   #48
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMOORE0324 View Post
Nice, sounds like it’s getting there. As you may know from my thread that you commented in, I was torn between the Nyos 120 and Simplicity 120. I went with the Simplicity just based off of some comments on here regarding both and also for the fact that replacement parts for the Simplicity appeared to be very available and cheaper. Now that my skimmer has broken in, I’m getting very dark skimmate, my tank is still really lightly stocked, but pretty happy with it. One thing that I’m not super happy about is the amount of micro bubbles it produces out of the wedge pipe. Not a super big deal as I’ve got a pretty good bubble trap, but hopefully those will calm down as time progresses.

Now more importantly, how are the clowns doing? Do you plan to attempt to breed and raise fry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was the same way with the Simplicity at first. It’s not bad at all, but I don’t think it fit my system well. The wedge pipe had to be 100% closed for it to come close to working, and the noise was just too much. The NYOS is not without noise, just a deeper hum. I like it better.

The NYOS produces denser micro bubbles, but very little micro bubbles escape the body like the Simplicity. Never was an issue since the reefer bubble trap is great, but yes, way more. My skimmer chamber had little bubbles caught on everything. My Simplicity leaked bubbles out of the volute intake area mostly and the wedge pipe.

I think Simplicity is still great for the price. NYOS slightly overpriced but still great.

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote