View Single Post
Unread 12/01/2017, 01:19 PM   #270
redlobstor
Registered Member

I love the title of this thread intelligent design. As a Believer myself, I believe that a creator has designed all that is in this world and as such we should strive to mimic the processes that he has put in place.

Oftentimes there's more than one way to achieve the desired result but all too often we think that the way we are doing it is the only way and that is just not the case. I prefer only to use technology for stuff like Auto top off, timers, water movement, and when it comes to tank husbandry I prefer to go all natural. I usually only get involved when it comes to water changes, water testing, and dosing. I must admit I don't do any of those things very often.

I have a 75 gallon mixed Reef with a powder blue tang and a lightning clownfish that I feed occasionally. The majority of food they get is live food from the tank and they are fat and healthy. I have yet to put any seaweed in for the tang and I have had it for about a year. None of the fish have ever had a disease and I don't quarantine and I attribute this to the ecosystem I've created.

Subsea I agree why remove something from the tank when there's a critter that will remove it for you.

By the way great thread!

Jason

Current Tank Info: 75 Gallon mixed reef. Fish are a powder blue tang and a lightning filefish. Smokeless with some macros growing in the sump.
redlobstor is offline   Reply With Quote