Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 11/28/2018, 09:49 PM   #421
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

START DATE, November 28, 2018

Today I moved what little plant material I have left, over to the display. So I guess today is my start date! I'm still adjusting salinity. In v1, I kept it at 25ppt. In v2, I'm shooting for 26-30ppt. I want to see if manatee grass likes a little more salinity. Right now, the water is still a little cloudy, after all my activity.

My two little shoal grass plants look pretty pitiful all alone on the sandbar. I like humble beginnings. The substrate is super soft and muddy. My red macro frags are also rather modest, over among the rocks. They're pretty tiny as well. I really hope they all make it.

Tomorrow I'll add the barnacle blennies! That will start food inputs to the system. Combined with the light, the beginnings of life should emerge. Once algae moves in, I'll add snails and mollies. Detrivores will come a little later, when there is ample food for them. I spotted a tiny serpent star today, when I was collecting macros. I didn't know I still had any!

I still have a few system items to attend to. I need to see if my main pump is reparable. Not having it running means I don't have the powerful current that really plays a big part of the overall system. I'm still tweaking the water level. I'll need to get the float adjusted for the auto top off. I'm also still fiddling with the wave box. My wave is still only around an inch high. It may be at it's performance peak. My tank size is at the upper range for the model. I'll keep playing with it. Even at this level, the back and forth surge is impressive, and so natural looking! And I'd like to see if I can reintegrate my UV back in with the canister plumbing. So, stuff to do…

I have an aquarium again!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote