Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 11/29/2018, 07:52 AM   #422
Chasmodes
Registered Member

Woo hoo!!!!

It's cool when you discover beneficial life in the tank that you weren't expecting. If there is one serpent star still in your system, perhaps there are more!

I didn't address your comments about my procrastination previously, but not on purpose. I just got busy and distracted. But, it's all true, what you said, and what I need to do. I'm dedicating my time to working on the large oyster reef build this weekend.

After almost two years with the smaller system up and running, I've found that the reef holds up pretty well, but, things like overhangs or loosely glued shells come apart if not enough Gorilla Glue was added, so I'll be beefing up the oyster cultches that have yet to be dunked in water.

And next week, I'm going to try and schedule an electrician to come install two electrical lines to meet my needs (one in the basement for the sump, and one in the rec room on the other side of the wall).

Sorry to hijack... The point is that your suggestions helped to motivate me. Now, I just need to get to work.

I can't wait to see your tank come to life! The more that I learn from what you are doing, the more that I want to grow eelgrass. I only want a small patch of it toward the back of the tank, but if it spreads on it's own, that's not a bad thing and will probably mimic what nature what do anyway. That is the point right? Let nature do the work?

--Kevin Wilson

Current Tank Info: 101g 3'X3'X18" Cubish Oyster Reef Blenny tank, 36"X17"X18" sump
Chasmodes is offline   Reply With Quote