View Single Post
Unread 08/03/2010, 02:58 PM   #15
one4gatr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthedaytrader View Post
Update? Hows the tank coming along?
Its good man. Trying to take it slow and easy you know the drill. Parameters are good... got the HA under control... havent added much but will attach a couple of pics none the less. My biggest issue seems to be water loss. I guess with a shallower tank I just might notice it more but I am losing about a gallon every two days. So I am looking at setting up some sort of ATO. This normally wouldnt be a huge problem but my return pump is flushing all of the back chambers if I dial it up but whenever I dial it down it only sucks out its chamber and blows a bunch of air in the tank when the water level drops.

I think I may have hung the fixture a bit too low. Some of my mushrooms on the bottom were shrinking and the SPS frags I had up high were bleaching out. I bought a BIG chunk of monti from a friend of mine and made a "shade zone" that is helping the shrooms. I moved the SPS frags to the bottom for now and they are doing well. I will let them acclimate to the lighting and see if I can move them back up. I havent been supplementing with anything as of yet but have been looking at a product called Oyster Feast some folks have been having success with and am thinking about giving it a whirl.

I have been treating the HA with Algefix and picked up a new 6 stage RO/DI which has pretty much killed it all off. There are a couple of spots I need to brush off the dead stuff that I will get to sometime this week. No diatom outbreaks or algae at this point so knock on wood.

So to update the tank here is the livestock list and additions:

Livestock

Pulsing Xenia (old)
2x small Kenya Trees (new - got from buddy)
Tricolor Ric (old) - moved and is doing great
Red Shroom (old) - needs to be moved
Golden Eye Zoos (old) moved once but now looking KILLER looks like I have sprouted a few new polyps since the move.
Green Zoos (old) - still doing good in their original placement
2x GSP (new-xfer) - cant kill this stuff
3x Purple Srooms (1 old 2 new xfers) - now have all in shaded areas and doing well
Red Monti - (new - got from buddy) - Seems to be doing well.
2x Astrea Snails

Chemical/Media

Chemipure Elite Bag (new)
Phosphate Pad (new)
1ml Iodine weekly (old)
1ml Algeafix weekly (new)

I think thats about it. I will attach pics in 2nd post.

Thanks,

Mark

one4gatr is offline   Reply With Quote