View Single Post
Unread 10/16/2019, 11:47 PM   #5
CTaylor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
I am so sorry I did not see this. Generally the flashing lights mean something is wrong with the bearing or impeller. The main culprits would be the bearing is worn by some debris, remove the drive unit, drop out the bearing, the bearing should not appear translucent or melted. Make sure that the drive unit is fully seated, you have to press hard and none of the magnet portion of the rotor is above the hole when it is fully seated.
TY Roger
I just did what you said. I pulled out the drive unit, I inspected the bearing. The bearing looks just like new. I wiped it and the drive unit off. I put the bearing back in, seated in place correctly. I pushed the drive unit in all the way, flush with hole. It is for sure all the way in, I had to push quite hard for it to 'snap' in, as I have done a few times before for cleaning.

>> Same issue.

Also, I have noticed that this pump was not pushing as much water on same settting as my other tunze 3 (same exact age).
ALSO ... I dont know if this has anything to do with the issue, but I was never able to get the pumps to operate in opposition, wave action. Though it may have worked the first few days (a year and half ago). If it's not related, then I'll pursue that separately once this more pressing issue is solved. But perhaps it is related (?), along with the lower power output the pump has been having before total failure

Should I send it in?
I sent in a service email on tunze.com
Or is there something I can do here? Again, the flashing LED is quite dim.

TY!

CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote