View Single Post
Unread 02/03/2015, 01:16 PM   #22
Dave & Monica
Registered Member

Thanks Miguel for posting and including pictures. I previously mentioned there are certainly more methods to ship, but your post highlights exactly the reason why I did my write up. You cover the box, and how p-cups fit inside the box – but there are so many items on either side and in between that’s not covered. What do you use to place the frag plug inside the cup? Surely you don’t have an acro frag rolling around knocking against the sides of the cup.

If you look at this link here, http://www.michiganreefers.com/forum...nd-corals.html
I see the foam inserts second method is a great option but two issues. First, I can’t find an inexpensive source and second when the plug foam insert is placed inside the cup, on the receiving end it’s a pain to get the insert out. Drilling out styrophoam is really messy, and time consuming. I find the heat seal is as about as quick as closing the lid on a pcup. It was asked above, do you have room, if shipping 10 frags, for a heat pack? Since my frags are reasonably priced I ship between 6 to 20 frags per order.

I do however want to explore this technique as it ships in smaller boxes = less cost for shipping and that’s my goal as long as I can confirm it works well in colder or hotter weather. This certainly gives me something to consider and ponder for sure, and again I like how tight the p-cups fit. I just want to know a good way to get the plugs in with a quick repeatable cheap way that works as good as your other parts.

Dave & Monica is offline   Reply With Quote