View Single Post
Unread 03/21/2012, 12:23 PM   #331
sirreal63
Go Spurs Go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammothReefer View Post
This is EXACTLY what many of us warned you about. Maybe next time use the community for open minded dialogue instead of rudely dismissing our efforts to be helpful as petty ignorant rantings from inferior peons.
This was far from constructive, but maybe you think it was. I don't know, and most of us who have been here for a while are cranky, I am usually one of the crankiest, but this was not helpful or constructive, it was very much the "I told You so". Perhaps it was not your intent, but that is exactly how it reads.

I don't know Chris, never even saw his username until this thread that I can recall. As far as how he set up the tank, everyone has different ways of doing things, none are wrong and none are right but they are different. I probably wouldn't have used a 20 gallon tank, but I don't do nano's. I appreciate what he is doing, just because it is outside of the norm, and if he were doing this as his first tank I would have cautioned against it. Most of us do things on our own tanks that we would never advise anyone else to do. That doesn't mean it will fail, but there is no reason to think it will if the person is experienced.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and tell myself you were trying to help, but very few people would help the way you have. I am sure the first person to drop vodka in their tank was laughed at and cautioned against it, now the majority of us do it or have done it. The point is, it is his tank, his way of doing it and every tank has it's issues, either from the reefer or the livestock.

Let him do it his way and either be supportive or stay out of it. He isn't a noob. :-)

No One has ever been seriously injured by using the search function.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Current Tank Info: Reefing the Pentagon.
sirreal63 is offline   Reply With Quote