View Single Post
Unread 08/31/2006, 05:31 AM   #270
Stoney Mahony
Registered Member

Just updating that all corals were looking great this morning, full PE so I fed them some dts oyster eggs. I also bought a ton more fluke tabs yesterday so ill be doing experiments tommorrow and this weekend. Ill see how long they can actually hold up in this stuff. Also, the reason I think the fluke tabs could be a better dip than the betadine is b/c it's primarily two insectisides working together, and betadine is an antibacterial agent used to fight topical infection. The fw's are not a bacterial infection so your pretty much just nuking everything and hoping the FW's die off before the coral and zooxenthella do.

Also, it says right on the fluke tab box that it will not kill algae(zooxenthella in corals), plants or fish so thats probably why it doesn't nuke the color out of the corals. It does say "don't use in a reef tank" b/c it can kill invertabrates and effect nitrification. Depnding on how many invertabrates it kills, what types, and how much it effects nitrification you could possibly work out an in-tank treatment with this product in the future. I was thinking something like unhook filtration, add tabs to your display and wait the 20min. Then do a 50% water change, run carbon and do subsequent water changes in days to come. If you had good water to do the change, it could work out. Plenty of testing and experiments to come but I think one day well find an in tank treatment. Interceptor kills lots too but people still use it and there pods come back....It's all a mater of "how much" does it kill.......

"Free thinkers are dangerous!"
Serj Tankian

Current Tank Info: 45 g hex- 50 lbs LR, Softies, Clams, LPS, wet dry, berlin skimmer w/150 watt HQI. 55 g SPS- 90 lbs LR w/ 20 g caulerpa fuge, 35 g cheato fuge w/ 98w PC. 2x 400 watt XM 20k,Berlin XL skimmer, Intermatic timer on pumps for wave action
Stoney Mahony is offline   Reply With Quote