View Single Post
Unread 05/01/2018, 07:00 AM   #11
kizanne
Registered Member

Varies Greatly.

I grow pods, so it depends on how many I have and the state of my tank.

When I first got my dragonface pipefish and my mandarin was skeletal I was adding thousands every couple days.

Now my pods are infected with rotifers and everybody is more stable so every other week. I need to break my copepod tank down as it was supposed to be my grow out tank for my seahorse babies but when it was growing t-iso and pods I let it go. Then the nanno got in there an took over then the rotifers now it is a mess. Even my back up culture has rotifers. when I do clean it out I'll stain and it will go in the tank as well.

I add amphipods about 3 times a year in large numbers. They do put a hurt on the copepods though.

I put in what I have when I have it. I grow lots of stuff because I'm trying to breed certain fish. If I order from someplace and they have some good live foods I'll go ahead and get some if I'm already paying shipping. And 3 times a year I buy amphipods. I've always done this with all my tanks. Copepods aren't hard to culture. Tisbe and Tigger don't even need microalgae.

I have a sump with a refugium but that isn't enough to keep pods crawling around the display tank glass which is what I like to see.

Current Tank Info: 120 gallon seahorse/flame angel/sharknose/pipefish tank. 30 gallon grow out, misc. other tanks
kizanne is offline   Reply With Quote