View Single Post
Unread 10/26/2010, 07:13 AM   #37
PerezAF01
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz71 View Post
I just want to make sure you understand that my comment was in NO WAY a dig at the BOD...as a former BOD member I know the pressures and the time it consumes. What I was getting at is that I personally think that if this takes off the constant downloading, updating and uploading and still being able to present it to the members and monitor who is doing their part and who isn't will be much more of an effort than one person should really be expected to handle. I'm glad you're willing to do this...very glad actually...I just hope you don't regret it in a few months! Picking the right tool is crucial.

I looked at your spread sheet and it's a good start, but just one question...does the person at the top have to give out 3 to start the chain? I have a bright yellow/green arco that is finally ready to frag but I don't think I could get 3 from it yet since it's actually in my DT, not a grow-out tank. I'd be willing to give one away at the swap, but I don't think I'll have 3.

I agree that Senior BOD members have enough on their plates already but I think I can atleast get this program started. I am sure there will be times when I will have other things that take priority but once its rolling it will be a whole easier for another member to take over and run the show for a while. There is room for improvements and they will be made as we go. We can talk alot more about using google as a tool through PM or in person since you seem to have more experience in that.
About the three frag rule, I would like to keep that rule. I don't expect this to be an overnight thing. You can give two away and have the third person on your waiting list or wait until you can get three and give them away then. You can list them even though its not ready to cut. The goal of this program is to grow and share with the club. I expect to see people on a 3+ month waiting list for a rare coral.

Al

PerezAF01 is offline   Reply With Quote