View Single Post
Unread 08/03/2006, 12:52 PM   #11
Travis
10 and over club

Sorry to hear Marc. It seems that everyone will eventually end up with these in their tanks, if they haven't yet. With that many AEFW's on that one coral alone, I think it is safe to assume that a lot of your other acros are also going to be housing them. The only way you will probably be able to erradicate these things from your tank is by treating the corals separately and leaving the tank acro-dormant for a good month.

So sorry to see the damage on what I'm guessing is your favorite coral. Those "bite marks" sure are a tell tale sign of AEFW damage.

One thing that is good is that I know we will all benefit from whatever treatment route you choose as you like to take lots of (good) pictures and thoroughly document everything. I wouldn't bother with FWE. Many have tried it at very strong doses and I don't believe it was successful long-term for any of them. Your current options are TMPCC and levamisole. There is also some sort of over-the-counter iodine dip that people in Europe are using (check dolt's thread for info on that). Be sure to take your time reading through the 3 or so big AEFW threads first and then decide which route you want to go. Each one has its own risks, advantages, and disadvantages. FWIW, I will probably continue to treat incoming corals with the treatment that worked for me, which was 60ppm levamisole for 5-7 hours. This treatment is cheap and effective, but, IME, you can expect a 20-30% loss of corals.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Current Tank Info: 280 sps w/ 75 LPS, 75 refugium, 120 sump
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote