View Single Post
Unread 10/20/2019, 08:42 PM   #3027
sensei
Registered Member

Slief,

I would like to add more fish in my tank but I do not feel confident in adding more now since NO3 keeps on rising with my current load, fish keep on growing in a big tank and I have to feed them. I would not like to increase more and more my carbon dose. My tangs are extra large I have ten and all are between (10-12 ") and they mega pop ...
I feed 3 sheets on nory per day and I can see a lot of nori particles in water column from the heavy pull that tangs do to the nori clip. I also feed frozen everyday.
My system is mainly for acropora. I would like feed heavy and heavy export

I though that the Deluxe skimmers were build mainly for dry skimming? do they perform consitently for wet skimming? they do not have the RD3 pump with the controller correct?
do the pumps in the deluxe are always at same speed?

the spec of the 500 deluxe says for aquariums from 2200 to 5000liters, so I guess I could not go wrong with it and it would be help me as I load my system with more fish?

I do not want to be using filter socks or any other export mechanism and rely purely in my oversized skimmer, this is why I insist

waiting for your response
best regards