View Single Post
Unread 01/18/2005, 12:12 AM   #21
original-reefland
Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by Flatlander
Rich, my contractor son said something similar to Marc. He said to use a good Brad nailer and finishing nails. However he said they glue it first, as the nailer sometimes does not hold it as good. Once the glue sets, its usually well secure.
Thanks everyone. I figured they glue it and tack it in with nails. I was just worried down the road that any attempt to remove them would destroy the sheet roock.

Quote:

He did mention that when they do steel studs, they plan in advance for trim work by installing some type of wood backing to the studs, before gyp- rocking.
I did ask my wife about chair rail thinking I would install some wood where that gets nailed. But she didn't want chair rail. At the time we didn't plan on molding either.

Issue is that we can't get a good clean border between white ceiling and blue walls. Tried to use blue painters tape but it damaged the paint under it when we tried to remove it. So it looks like trim will be needed to hide that area. It looks fine from a distance but up close... ehh.

Got two coats of the blue paint on this weekend. I'll post a picture tomorrow hopefully. Vaccumed and dusted the room up and such. Looking nice.

But while cleaning the clutter and moving an old door out of the way, the door hit the blue wall and made a nice big white dent. Started patching it already.

Visit My Chunk of the Ocean, click the Red House above.

Current Tank Info: 180G Oceanic SPS/Clams/LPS, AB Aquaspace Light 3x250w AB 14K HQI with 4x24w PC Actinic, 2x80w T5, Dual Tunze 6100 and Vortec (10,000 GPH), Euro Reef RC-500 Skimmer.