View Single Post
Unread 12/05/2017, 07:30 AM   #3
necessary_evil
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
It won't harm pump life the main concern would be that as a sump return this would cause water level variations and potential havoc with skimmers and ATO's. The 1073.050 made before mid 2015 that lacks a 7090 controller will work with no mods, the newer ones include a stripped down 7090 that lacks a DIN port and lets you just set one fixed speed, to connect it to an Apex you need to replace the controller with the 7090.500.
I think mine may be the pre-2015. It has the input for the controller and a little red potentiometer knob.

As for water level I'm not worried is an all in one tank so the skimmer chamber is unaffected by surge.

The ATO is a problem when I dial (by hand) the potentiometer up extremely fast the return chamber water level drops dramatically however if I dial it slower the drop is less dramatic and the ato tends to not kick on or for a negligible amount of time.

So I'm wondering more about the programming, I haven't been able to find anyone who's tried to adjust the speed of a 1073 with the Apex on a scheduled manner.

necessary_evil is offline   Reply With Quote