View Single Post
Unread 02/11/2007, 10:45 AM   #120
GregK
Registered Member

Re: Re: New to saltwater aquariums

Quote:
Originally posted by figuerres
well a few things:

I think some of the threads here are from folks with small tanks just like the "pod" -- look around and see what they say.

what do you want in the reef?

in general most stuff will do ok with power compact lights.
the metal halide are needed form some hard corals and clams.

I tend to go with the "bigger tanks are better" camp but that's me

just do some reading -- I'm sure some good threads right here are from your small tanks...
Thanks for the reply. I'm also of the bigger tanks are better group. The problem is that my wife and I are going to be moving to another house in a year or two, and I just don't want to go through the nightmare of trying to move a large saltwater tank. So, until the move I'll have to satisfy myself with a small tank. Once the move is over though look out!

I've been reading through some of the other messages on the forum. It seems that most people have better overall results with metal halide lights than with the power compact lights, so I'm leaning more and more in that direction.

The Aqua Pod aquarium says it comes with a pump and skimmer, but no mention of a powerhead. Is a powerhead needed for this size of an aquarium. Most stuff I've been reading generally says that the more movement you have in a reef aquarium the better.

GregK is offline   Reply With Quote