View Single Post
Unread 11/15/2011, 07:37 PM   #16
Hextall
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Can you use your phone to provide a photo of your situation?
Ok, here's some photos that I took tonight. Note, that I changed my PC white bulb on Sunday, and it has helped a bit. the cyano was a bit thicker before Sunday. But there are a couple of spots it's relatively dense.

Under the frogspawn and under the rock on teh front right are some relatively dense patches.

Here's a picture of a patch in the back... I don't usually siphon this area out much as it's a bit hard to get to. I've often times watched the tailspot blenny poo here... not sure if that's related.

Here's that small patch on the sand and rock in the front right:

Here's the full photo album I took tonight of cyano:
Cyano Photo Album

I'm sure there's people out there with way worse problems with it that are laughing at my "problem". I've been siphoning out with a turkey baster some big patches, and during water changes use a gravel vacuum on it (although it usually doesn't get removed, it gets broken up enough for me to then use the turkey baster on the bigger loose packages).

I think there's a decent population of people running nano tanks without skimmers, however if one is required to have the highest chance of battling it, I'll look into it over running a refugium with cheato. I'm not a fan of any external equipment (nor am I sure a hang on back will actually fit between the tank and the wall).

Thanks for any suggestions/tips (and thanks for the kind words about the tank Sk8r).

Hextall is offline   Reply With Quote