View Single Post
Unread 12/18/2006, 05:42 PM   #1
RobbyG
Registered Member

Lightbulb The Big Controller Comparison Chart.

The Big Controller Comparison Chart.

Hi guys this has been 5 weeks in the making. It started out as a nice little project that ballooned into major work. I spent 3 weeks using my spare time to read about and visit the web pages of every controller I could find then I started putting together the data and created a draft version. This draft version was emailed to each controller manufacturer asking them to correct any data they found in error and to also add in any features I might have missed. I had a good response from most of the companies, only a few decided not to participate. There was also a major problem in that some companies interpreted what I was trying to do incorrectly and thought that features of their PC software could universally be used as general features.
An example of this is one company figured that since there controller has PC software that allows you to see all the data from the controller on your PC's desktop, if you then use PCAnywhere or Remote Desktop and view that data remotely, there controller is basically Web Server Capable. I had many such problems and tried to strike some sort of balance between the wishes of the company vs what I thought might be seen as confusing to the RC members.

Ultimately this is a huge work in progress, it will be a few weeks from now before the Chart is 100% accurate, but it is a start!
I am hoping that RC members and Manufactures will help me to further edit the chart and correct any missing or bad data. This is why I did not post the Chart directly on RC because it is a work in progress. Also the prices have not been included because it was just very complicated to figure out pricing for all the dozens of configurations you can buy.

I hope that this chart will give RC members a better understanding of what controller is right for their situation. It has been a lot of work, I almost did not post it because I did not feel the Data was accurate enough, but as time passed I realized that something like this cannot be made accurate without Constructive feedback from actual users.

Heres the link

www.aquariumcontrollers.com

Enjoy

Last edited by RobbyG; 12/18/2006 at 06:40 PM.
RobbyG is offline   Reply With Quote