View Single Post
Unread 02/03/2011, 12:05 AM   #60
nightOwl
Premium Member

cilyjr -Welcome to my little build party. The finished side is done ;( I am hoping that mag-floats with the razor attachment will help keep the front of the glass clean and I will be able to reach the front of the tank with huge tongs should I need to access something in the very front.

cloons411 - Welcome to my build party and thanks for the compliment. I am hoping that in the end I will be able to sit down in the basement and enjoy my little piece of the reef.

Updates - General
Tonight I made a home depot run, but it was close to closing so I was not able to pick up all my items. The plumbing section can be such a distraction. I picked up a few plumbing parts but still need more .

I worked on my panel that will hold the my 3 ballasts. I mounted and drilled some holes for cord access and right now it will be temporary.

I need to order a rail to move the lights when trying to perform maintenance in the tank. I found out tonight I am limited to 4 feet of space to the left or about 4 feet behind the tank. If I were to move the lights to the left of the tank it would leave about 2 feet overlap when trying to work in the tank. If I set up the rail to move the lights behind the tank (away from wall) I think I will have enough space to use my step ladder and the lights should be completely out of the way. I need to decide fast either way as I almost put a gash in my head tonight while on the step ladder playing with the rock work.
Fish List - Update
Now that I can actually see water in the tank I am a little more motivated to nailing down my fish list. I have updated it slightly. This is now v1.2.
Currently Have
1 - Yellow Tang
1 - Mated pair of False Clowns
3 - Glass/Longfin/Blue eyed Cardinal
Want
1 - Blue Spotted Jawfish
1 - Mated pair Mandarins ?
4- Glass/Longfin/Blue eyed Cardinal (I will have a total of 7)
3- Wrasse -1 Male , 2 Female - Pintail (Attenuatus) flasher, Blue Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus lineopunctatus), or
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus carpenteri)
3 -Dispar Anthias (Pseudanthias dispar)
1 - Bristletooth Tang
1 - Angel (Reef safe) if possible - Bellus Angel

Last edited by nightOwl; 02/03/2011 at 12:13 AM.
nightOwl is offline   Reply With Quote