pscott99
Registered Member

H2o2

Back glass before cleaning

Emptied tank down with water change and cleaned with a paper towel and H2O2

Back glass one week later no new growth hardly at all

Pump after cleaning one week later. No new growth

My experience over the last two weeks.

I usually clean glass and pumps with vinegar. This works MUCH better since it lasts MUCH longer. I could actually see the line on the glass where I had cleaned. For some reason unknown it prevents growth from coming back for over a week on the cleaned area.

The first time I cleaned with very little so as not to drip any in the tank. I was very concerned for my inverts and coral. The second week I wet it down much more but still made sure not to drip any near my cleaner shrimp.

I could see a line on the front glass in a couple days. Above the line was clean. Below the line the green dust had already started to come back.

I have also dosed my tank. I started with 3ml. Saw no affect. Then went to 6ml. Also no affect on any animals. It seems to be slowing growth of algae but hard to say. I don't think it is a large enough dose to do much. I dose in a high flow area away from my inverts. I have also dosed in my overflow to work on the algae there as well.

Anyways for what it's worth WAY more affective than vinegar on anything out of the water applied directly. I would love the chemists in the crowd to figure out why it bonds to anything and prevents (delays) growth by a significant time of over a week compared to a day or two. The second last picture shows my back glass upper half after two weeks vrs. the lower half

Looks like I need to drain my tank further and go after it. Thanks brandon429 !! I am sold for sure.

pscott99 is offline   Reply With Quote