View Single Post
Unread 06/19/2019, 04:15 PM   #1
KWConch
Registered Member

Newbie: Can you review my tank build sheet

Hey everybody,

I'm new to forum and planning my first tank. I've been doing a lot of research and watching a lot of videos on Youtube. And now I think I've got a build sheet spec'd out and want to see what everyone thinks. If I'm missing anything, if you've had experience with something and think I should steer away or think it's a great product, etc. If there's one thing I've learned so far is there's a million ways to do this, and everyone has their own idea on what's the "right way" but I'd like to get some feedback so I don't go wasting my time and money.

First, I'm starting off with a very basic and budget setup which means no sump, no skimmer, no refugium, etc. I may catch hell for this, but I'm just getting started and need to keep the budget and complexities down. Stick to the basics.

Second, my plans for corals, fish and inverts. (These are all over time of course but this is what I know I want to build to and add to the tank over time)

Corals & Anemones:
-Rock anemones
-Bubble tips
-Hammer
-some Candy Canes

I realize these aren't specific species but a generalization. I'm not looking to do Paly's or Zoa's or anything that's crazy complicated, challenging or difficult. I'm actually going to enjoy the fish more than the coral (don't https://reefcentral.com/forums/images/smilies/uzi.gif me know)

Fish:
-Clownfish (ocellaris)
-a Tang (still researching exactly which one I want and can fit)
-Star
-puffer (like a Valentini)

I know this list has got to get better and is very vague, but I know that I want the clownfish, some kind of tang, a starfish (not technically a fish I know), and a puffer. I just need to keep doing research on what will fit inside the tank I want and what will mix well together.

Inverts:
-Giant Clam
-Harlequin shrimp
-Skunk Shrimp
-Blue & Red Leg hermits
-Conchs snails

Finally, the Tank:
-48" 120 Gallon
-2x Rossmont Mover M900 Powerheads with the Rossmont waver powerhead controller
-Seneye Reef Monitor
-Eheim 250w Jäger heater
-Pukani Dry Rock
-Live Sand

Lights:

I wanna go LED and seems like the Radion XR15 G4 or the Kessil A360 is the way to go. These may be overkill for the basic corals and fish I want to keep. If you can recommend something more budget that will get the job done, please!

I'd like to get a tank with a built in overflow (all in one), so I haven't done a lot of research on HOB filters, but if anyone wants to recommend some I'd appreciate it.

Misc:
-Red Sea Test Kits
-BRS refractometer
-Flipper Max Magnetic Cleaner
-Accudrip acclimator
-Python No spill water changer

Anything anyone wants to add to the list, take off, something for me to research, any thoughts, input, advice, all appreciated. Thanks everyone!https://reefcentral.com/forums/image...s/beerchug.gif

KWConch is offline   Reply With Quote