View Single Post
Unread 09/10/2017, 06:30 PM   #310
Hdhuntr01
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenurepro View Post
Sure.
1) remove stock nozzle; its friction fit so gently twist it out.
2) replace it with a threaded male 1/2 lockline adaptor... apply some Teflon tape to the threads until you are able to squeeze it in the return output. It should be a snug fit like the stock nozzle
2) order half inch lockline fitting to get the shape that you want. For me, I have a 1/2 lockline y fitting, with a segment and a nozzle on each side. I would assemble all the lockline fittings together then add it to the reefer return

Note - there is a special tool to join lockline fittings; or you can just your hands and muscle power.

Very important note! Don't have long segments that point down more than a few mm below the water surface... the stock reefer's nozzle is designed not to point down too much so that when the power is out, only a small amount of water siphons into the sump. If you have a long nozzle that sticks down, then you will get more water siphoning into your sump and you might get into an overflow situation! Make sure you simulate a power outage by turning off your return and make sure that you sump doesn't overflow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750XXL
Hdhuntr01 is offline   Reply With Quote