View Single Post
Unread 02/26/2018, 12:47 PM   #3291
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Thanks Kevin!

I'm pretty excited too. It sucks waiting, but it's giving me more time to think and plan.

The plan for the fake root is rather modest. I want it to sit a little lower in the tank, so I'll have to mod the mount. I need to repair a crack in one of the roots. I also want to move it just slightly (maybe an inch) to the left, to give me a little more room for cleaning the end glass panel. I'll need to coordinate this with the lengthening of the seagrass planter. Really the only noticeable change will be a new paint job. I'm hoping to make it browner and darker overall, and a little lighter towards the top - kinda like the pic JZ posted above.

I haven't considered adding more roots. Mainly because it turned out bigger than I wanted. I can see how it could be better with more roots, but I don't think I could muster the gumption to do it. I'll be happy if I can make the changes I want, without messing it up!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote