View Single Post
Unread 06/23/2015, 03:07 AM   #1
FloformAustria
Registered Member

The Austrian Drop Off Tank

Hey Friends!

I thought I should show you guys what I was building in my livingroom in the last view months!!

my old tank with the mangroves showed me the problem of keeping mangroves in a tank. The Roots were everywhere in the tank...

here some pictures:

so in fear of the roots breaking my tank I had to rethink what I want from my tank and what new and good ideas I could relize with the space I have.
so i came up with that:

a lot of planing went into that tank and after 2 months of drawing in CAD and Sketchup the rendering above is the result

so now the challenging part was to find the right tank builder and for the stand.
but the glas wasn´t that much of a problem and the stand was made by a metallworking shop of a friend of mine

so now I had to figure out how I could keep the sand from fallling down over the edge all the time.
so I ordered two packs of dead live rock and I started to build a barrier out of small rocks glued on some plexiglas with silicon

the finished drop off:

so after I did all the plumbing it was time to tear down the old tank with the stand and everything and move the new one in its place!

=> part 2

^Austrian Reef Club^

"Founding Member of CCC - The cool couch club of SPS keeping" - Biggles

Current Tank Info: The Austrian Dropoff Tank
FloformAustria is offline   Reply With Quote